Homalomena pink diamond root problems! Help!

• I got a homalomena pink diamond a week ago, she arrived in 3 days. She looked amazing and then she started to decline, her roots started to rot and she is down to 1 root and its not a great root cause i had to cut the tip. 

• @Rosannie hi! We can fix this don't panic... can you send photos of the whole plant, conditions you have it in. If it came like that, did it come from overseas? What did it come to you in? The more info the better

talk soon!

• @jonathan 

@jonathan i received it a week ago, she was beautiful and perky. It came from NJ to PR in 3 days. 

• I didn't disturb the roots or anything...2 days later i saw her droop

• @Rosannie what media was it shipped to you in? Was it bare root? Was it potted? What are you conditions? Temps, humidity, light etc.

i need more info or I'm going to be guessing for you. And we both dont want that.

• @jonathan brant i trimmed the rotted roots as soon as I noticed. I changed it to a mix that has worked for me for other homalomenas which is stratum/pon 50:50 with a leca reservoirz

• @jonathan brant it came in moss, very lightly moist.

• @jonathan brant the seller told me to keep it lightly moist and inside with a growlight for a couple of days. Which i did. 

• @Rosannie I really want to help you with this but im confused... I really need conditions and a play by play...

example-

1. plant was shipped to me in moss, it was rooted into the moss (or it was wrapped in the moss)

2. I potted it into (insert your mix) 

3. I watered it daily, my temps were (insert temps) my humidity is (insert humidity)

4. My light is...

5. It started to deteriorate 5 days after potting so I.... (took out and saw dead roots so I cut off and put back in mix) whatever you did....

6. 2 days later It got worse so I unrooted and cleaned off roots again and now it's in water

if you don't map this out for me I can't really help you.

🪴if you just want what I would do now answer without fixing your main issue then I would pot in perlite in a humidity dome and keep warm, but you will most likely recreate the issue again

• @Rosannie trimming roots is always bad... here's why.

1. If it's fungal your bow spreading the fungus (unless you sterilize between each cut)

2. If it bacterial (same as above)

3. If it's just root die off which it normally is, your now introducing the possiblity or fungus and bacteria into the wound and you are creating wounds on an already stressed plant...

root die off is normal in nature... some roots die off and the decompose and new roots will grow. That is why we always suggest against it...

- if in fact it is rot (bacteria) then you have to treat for the bacteria not start chopping away

• I dont even know how to answer all that. The roots were rotting...i was suppose to leave them with mushy root end?  The decline of the plant was really sudden, i thought that maybe the change in climate? Ny to tropical PR 

• @Rosannie well

it really depends on if it was rot or die off... rot will smell and badly... you will Notice rot 😂 it's awful.

but the post I made before the one about rot is the one I need the blanks filled it. 
    with out that info I can't tell you how to save it long term... I can only tell You how to stabilize.

i want to help, I just don't want to guess for you. 

• Nj to PR. Sorry.

i cleaned the scisors with alcohol. 
    was it better to leave them like that? 😩

what can i use to treat the rot?

The plant has been inside the house with growlight as instructed by the seller. 

• 1. It arrive in moss, i believe it was rooted in moss but im not sure cause it was very light, the moss was not packed tightly. 

2. I left it as it arrived when i saw it droop the next day I removed it an saw the rot, i trimmed the rot and dabbed it 50/50 water with peroxide as instructed by seller. i potted it in a mix of stratum/pon with a leca reservoir since it has help me with other homas. 

3. Besides the moment of potting it i didnt get to water it since the medium was moist. Tropical island...right now its 87° and 79 humidity in my room. 

4. I have the led lamps you recommend from walmart in my room. 

5. i started to reteriorate the next day it arrived even when i didnt mess it. I left it as it arrived. 

6. 2 days later I removed it from the moss. Did all those thing i said and now its in water since last night, i checked it an so far no change... for worst at least. 

😅like this? Sorry im hung over 🤣🤣 i have drinking wine last night when i was writing here. Could you tell? Hahaha