Plant care for California acclimation?

• Since the plants shipped to Cali are usually in perlite do we allow them to acclimate in there or what would be a care tips since they're usually shipped bareroot? 

• Hi Autum, 

I am in Cali as well.  From my experience with new NWE plants shipped in 'perlite' to Cali, ideally let them acclimate to their new home for about 2 weeks.  Since the plants are in perlite, I tended to water them more frequently during that period.  After about 2 weeks, the plants were still happy, healthy, and actively growing, so I potted them up in my preferred mix.  Clear growing containers are helpful and allow you to monitor for new root growth, and soil condition/moisture.  

Best of luck with your new plants! 
    🤙🌱

Carlos (@islandview_sb) 

• As for the bare root items, I didn't see any shock or leaf drop on my variegated fiddle leaf from NWE.  I totally thought it would struggle and loose leaves.  They can be so temperamental!  I  potted it up immediately in a recommend mix and so far it hasn't skipped a beat.  Just looking for new growth.  It was so big, I couldn't use a clear container on this one.  But it's happy.  A little surprise for my wife this holiday season. She likes fiddle leafs and knows I am a variegated nut.  It's should be super happy by December. 🤙🌱. Thanks NWE! 

• @Autumn bare root plants you want to pot in an aroid mix right away. Water keep warm and after about 2 weeks place where you want them to live and they should be good to go!

perlite plants from us you want to keep in perlite for 1-2 weeks and water daily (if humidity is lower then 70%) after that time pot in your favorite substrate ☺️

hope this helps!!!

• @jonathan GOT IT!! Thank you