Philodendron Spiritus Sancti Care Help

• Hi, so this is not my first time having a PSS but last time I had mine in my greenhouse cabinet and half the leaf melted. I don't want to kill my second one so please help :(( TIA

** My greenhouse cabinet (Milsbo) conditions:

1. Humidity fluctuates between 75-95%.

2. All plants in aroid mix (40% potting mix, 30% coco chunks, 10% peat moss, 10% charcoal, 10% perlite and other substrates) 

3. Temperature is around 83-88F.

Let me know if i can provide any additional information that would help. Thanks a lot!

• Hey Tam! What kind of lights are you using?

• Admin
    Staff member

@Tam hey!!! I would say your aroid mix is waaaaaay to heavy! Especially for a low air flow environment... 

mix I would suggest for you using your ingredients-

1 part potting mix

1 part coco chip

1 part perlite

1 part charcoal (fine to small)

1 part orchid bark (fine to small)

Soil type (consistency) products should be less then 20% for any low airflow environment (we even keep it that low for

our outdoor nursery)

• Admin
    Staff member

@Tam also do you have fans? 

• @Jonathan Brant I have 3 mini fans in my cabinet!

• @Ashley Brant I'm using Barrina T5

• Im not familar with that brand.. we use the Walmart Hyper Tough brand, 3200 or 4000 lumens. Does it fall in that range? Also hows the SS accilimating? We'd love to see pictures of your set up!

• @Ashley Brant It's actually acclimating very nicely! Thank you <3

• @Tam any updates on this? 

• @jonathan It is growing nicely! Thanks Jon

• I just won a SS so I'm super curious about this..your setup sounds  EXACTLY like mine....Milsbo tall, Barrina T5 lights, large fans moving air.

Jon said something last night that they might actually like it a bit on the cooler side temp wise (he said 70ish) ..which is a challenge in the Milsbo. I love the high humidity in mine, and most my plants like the warmer temps but it stays in the upper 70s, low 80s typically. 

My aroid mix is a bit chunkier than yours is the only major difference. Do you have any other tips/guidance you've figure out so far?